Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, January 13, 2006

NEW COMMUNITY

So last night was one of the more interesting New Community services I have ever been to at GCC. And by interesting I mean fairly insightful. The round table discussion of Dr. Bob, Rob Wenger and Mark Waltz was great. Thoroughly thought-provoking and God honoring.

The two things that I really took away from it:

1) They were talking about God's will and how we should following it and Dr. Bob made this really great comment that stuck with me:

"Holiness is more important that Happiness"

2) In talking about prayer and how we should engage ourselves in the act, I believe Rob and Mark "tagged teamed" on this:

"We need to participate with God ... Do I love God for God's sake or because what He does for me"

Great Stuff ... Looking forward to more next week at New Community!

2 Comments:

  • Wow, those guys are good by themselves. I can't imagine how great they are together.

    Oh, and Stephen, you better pray to God that the Cinnamon Dolce isn't a seasonal drink. Because if it is, and it expires this month, and I'm unable to get one..... Oh boy. Watch out. Ever read Revelations? The huge beast at the end? Yeah, that will be me.

    By Blogger Jonathan Anderstrom, at 1:32 PM  

  • I must agree that Thursday was one of the most interesting New Community Services I have ever attended (besides the silence service) and it has caused me to think...a lot...and end up with more questions...which I know thrills you...

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home