Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

L.A. BOUND!

I have had a lot of good things happen in my life. I have been very blessed on many levels. On Thursday evening I recieved a gift that I never thought I would recieve.

Right before the start of the Coldplay concert I get a call with an L.A. area code. This was the phone call from Mosaic that I was waiting for after my interview the previous week. I couldn't answer at that moment so I stepped out to call them back and in a back stairwell at the United Center in downtown Chicago I got offered the internship I never thought I had would ever get. This chance, this opportunity is something I have wanted since getting accepted to grad school. I mean, I can not truly describe how exciting this is.

I was just pumped up about getting an interview for the position and then to be offered the chance is mind-blowing. So the 10-week internship will be an adventure on so many levels. I have never been west of Denver, I have to raise $2,000 by May 21, leadership advancement and I have to live in the Pacific Time Zone - HA! (oh, let's hope for no earthquakes in L.A. this summer!!)

This is going to be a challenge but I know that it is a challenge that I will grow and expand myself in ways that I never imaged previous to this experience. I just know it. There's so much more to say but I just don't know how to say it!

Living like a Barbarian ...

1 Comments:

  • Hey slappy,
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you; life has been life and full of adventures and some disappointments! Wow you’re going to LA for the summer; well guess what I will be out there on there June 30th till July 3rd or 4th. Just remember if there is an earthquake the best thing to do is strip down to your tigthy whity's and run to the middle of the street screaming! Just scream whatever, nothing in particular!
    On a serious note my friend I am totally proud of you. This will definitely be a defining moment for you along your journey. I will continue to pray for your final days here in the Bend before heading out.....let's get some food and catch up soon...that is if you can pull yourself away from the chicks tennis team! LUCKY!

    By Blogger Kevin Coates, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home