Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

NEW NAME?

A few weeks back I found out what people are saying behind my back. (well, at least one thing they are saying behind my back - HA!)

Rob-win Hy-Berg

My first reponse to all that above non-sense was, "what in the world does that mean" ... Not a moment later I was informed what it meant "[Rob] Bell" then "Er[win] McManus" and "Bill [Hy]bels" and final "John Ort[berg]" ... see the connection?

You see, if you haven't notice already, I am a big fan of those guys. In their own little ways through sermons, book and articles they have formed, so to speak, who I am today. But who in the world takes the time to think of these things to come up with a new name? Is this a compliment? Maybe a slap-in-the-face? Or maybe I am just making a big deal out of something that doesn't freakin matter.

None the less, I will just add it to the list of names that people have called me over the years and laugh loudly ;-)

5 Comments:

  • stepehen,

    your on the way to great things. take the name chat behind your back as compliment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 PM  

  • aww.. we love you Stephen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

  • Stephen,
    Derek Webb has a new song called "Mockingbird". At first I thought it was a slam at all of us for not having any original thoughts....but then I heard Derek Webb explain that we should ALL be Mockingbirds. It's the same message over and over and over again...there is nothing wrong with being called that name. You and I have picked other "mockingbirds" that sing the same song.

    Signed,
    And-nen, Lou-Jay-win, Mc-La-Mil-beeson, Cash.
    (Andy Stanley, Brennan Manning, Louie Giglio, Jay Bakker, Erwin McManus, Anne Lamott, Donald Miller, Beeson, Johnny Cash.)
    (or Corey with a "C")

    By Blogger Corey Mann, at 6:54 AM  

  • eh, nick names are fun, eh VIN? :), yeah i probably just gave away who i was but o well, HAHA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 PM  

  • i think it sounds better than dan mahrol;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home