Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

BONO

This man is brillant.


Last Friday afternoon at Willowcreek's annual Leadership Summit I saw one of the most beautiful pieces of media ever produced. His hour or so long interview with Bill Hybels was just flat-out amazing. There were certain moments were I just got chills.

I wrote a few of his quotes but for the most part I just sat there in wonder and awe of what I was watching. It truly was absolutely stunning!

"I have never had a problem with Christ. It was the Christians ... They seemed disinterested ... They tend to judge by surface problems."

"We can grasp the idea of atonement and revenage but we can't grasp the idea of grace."

As I left the autorium that afternoon I really, really felt like I just experienced something special and spectacular.

If you want to read a few others who took part in the session, these people are smarter than me:

Tony Morgan

Tim Stevens

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I'll agree with you, it was amazing! I don't think it could have been done any better. Now time to listen to some U2! Catch you later!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

  • I wish I could have gone to it again this year. As much as I like John Maxwell, Bono would have been much cooler.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home