Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

GRADING PAPERS

I walk into my professors office on Wednesday afternoon to hand him two assignments I have completed for my ethics class. Thinking I can just hand them to him and get out of there in a short amount of time (say 15 seconds), he proceeds to say, "oh just sit down and I can grade them right now"

No, no professor Erdel you don't understand that's a bit scary! He insists that I stay as he reads my two papers over the next five minutes or so. I would have to say those five minutes ranked up there with getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Not exactly were I wanted to be but I knew that I wanted it over with.

Fortunately for me he had a copy of Simon and Granfunkel's "Live in Central Park" album for me to look at while he was grading to the two papers. One paper is five pages while the other is eight pages and he flips through them like it's a Dr. Seuss book or something. Seriously, I'm in awe of his speed reading skills (or my pathetic effort). The papers probably took me a combined 15 hours to write and he is wisking through them faster than "The Cat in the Hat"

Regardless, I get my two grades back ... Two "A-" efforts ... I'll take it!

4 Comments:

  • Great job on your papers!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 AM  

  • Haha when I had him he did the same thing to me. Only I had like 20 pages for him to read. He always had us sit there when he graded our papers. He does that to everyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

  • Oh, I miss "Brother Tim's" classes! He was always so nice...he always asked about med school. :) Tell him I said hi if you get a chance to see him again! :) And congrats on your papers! See you soon..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • Go Stephen!! That's awesome!! I'm still waiting on all my grades.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home