Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, February 26, 2007

JOSH GROBAN

For second time in three years I had the privilege of seeing Josh Groban in concert. In each instance, I have walked away from the concert just blown away at what this 25 year old can do.

The guy just sold out the United Center. It's not like he playing a small concert hall with a few thousand concert goers. In my humble opinion he is the best male voice of this generation. There's actually no argument because he just is amazing. If you ever get a chance to see him, you need to go. I don't believe you will walk away disappointed.

The set list for Saturday's show:

You are Loved
Mai
Un dia Llegara
Un giorno por noi
Now or Never
So She Dances
February Song
Alla Luce del sole
Lucia's violin solo—Led Zepplin’s “Kashmir”
In her Eyes
Pearls
L'ultima Notte
Remember when it rained
Lullaby
Weeping
Not while I'm around
Awake
Machine
Josh's drum solo
Encore: You raise me up

While this is a solid set list, I certainly could have listen a lot longer and by "a lot longer" I mean at least another hour. But I guess two hours will have to do. A lot of songs from his new album.

There were a few specific highlights that stuck out to me - Lucia's solo effort was superb. Who'd think that Led Zepplin could make a mark on a Josh Groban concert but it was great. He did a duet with the lady who opened the show, Angelique Kidjo, called "Not while I'm around" that was outstanding. I wanted to hear "Remember When it Rained" and hearing it live is 10 times better than the CD. I hadn't previously heard "Awake" so I was blown away by that.

The thing of it is, he sounds just as good live as he does on CD. Not many artists can claim to sound as good live as the do pre-recorded but he can. I like "real music" and that what he performs - by "fake music" I mean N'Sync, Pow Wow, Hinder and, well, most anything on Top 40 radio.

Lastly, the guy has a great sarcastic wit about himself. He doesn't take himself too seriously which is very much appreciated among all the egos and pride in the music business. So, looking forward to seeing him a third time in another few years.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so jealous!! I hope you had a great time and I'm sure it was amazing! :)

    By Blogger Melissa, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home