Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MUST BE COLD

I don't know if anyone else has seen this and wondered but, seeing that it has been around the freezing mark for the past two months in the South Bend area you wouldn't expect to see people driving around with their windows down. Yet, seemingly everyday, I have seen car-after-car with their window down.

Why? I mean, it must be cold - right? However, recently I have found the reason people are allowing the cold weather to hit their face while driving down the road. They are smoking! Are you flippin' kidding me? I certainly don't understand the addiction but I guess if I had a choice of dying from lungs cancer or hypothermia, well, I choose neither.

I'm sure nicotine is "that" addicting that you just have to smoke in the sub-freezing temperatures. It's amazing, really, that people do something stupid (smoking), that it causes them to be frigid and cold in the process. This whole process of smoking in the sub-freezing temperatures is mind boggling to me.

Of course is their parallel on the "dumbness" level between smoking in sub-freezing temperatures and driving while talking on your cell phone also while driving? OK, whatever ...

2 Comments:

  • People would do anything to feed their cravings. Sub-zero temperatures and the possibility of loosing fingers from the adiction. Yah, people are crazy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 AM  

  • Maybe focusing on the ROOT of why others turn to addiction(s) would be more beneficial instead of focusing on the surface issue. Just a thought.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home