Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

JUST THE BEGINNING

I'm not a fan of American Idol. It's an alright show but I certainly don't revolve my life around it like millions of people around the country.

However this week I was clued to what the show was doing. They were giving back. American Idol teamed with a variety of charity efforts to help give back to the world. It was amazing what they did.


Over the two day event they raised over $60 million dollars to fight AIDS and Malaria in Africa, help the Boys and Girls Club of America among other endeavors. It was flat our amazing to watch on Wednesday night. Watching Josh Groban sing with the African Children's choir was absolutely beautiful. Seriously, you have to watch it!


As exciting as it was to see such a major entity get involved in the fight against major world problems, I just think this is the beginning. Really it is. I am so excited to be apart of the One Campaign and I really believe that my generation can be the one to end extreme poverty. Starting with One is a great place to start to end these stupid problems. If not with them, well, just do something! Please!


It is just the beginning. Get on board ...

1 Comments:

  • There is still SO much that can be done to help the disenfranchised around the world, but it's refreshing to see those with star power or political power setting an example and inspiring everyday people to reach out to help. The ONE campaign, the RED campaign - they are just the start, but it's so wonderful to at least see the start of the end of apathy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home