Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, August 09, 2007

INDIA - CHILDREN

Normally I do whatever I can do to steer clear away of children. Please don’t get me wrong but, for the most part, I just don’t “click” with kids.

During the few days in India I really did what I could to try and spend with the children. They were absolutely beautiful. Seriously, the smiles that they have can bring a light to the darkest of environments. Each of them had this energy and extra excitement about life that you rarely see in America. They are just a bunch of happy and go-lucky kids that love life.

In each of the final two nights we were able to meet and interact with a large group of these kids. One night we spent 45 minutes in a rather warm “heat box” of a room listening to children recite from memory chapter after chapter from the book of Psalms. It was very moving and exciting to see and hear.

On another evening, the kids put together about an hour program with some dance, some song and some memory verses. Once again, just amazing as these children were making their joyful noise to God in the middle of the street inside a village.

Those memories of watching and listening to those kids on back-to-back nights will be burned in my brain for a long while to come. There is just something about the simplistic nature of these children that was very inspiring.

In this western world that I live in, I too often get caught up in “extra things” but these children found tremendous amount of joy and contentment in just being alive each day. I mean, you got the impression that these kids felt that each day truly is a gift and that was very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home