Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

KENYA AND HEBREWS

During my lunch today I came across two very opposite thoughts within two minutes of each other. Yet somehow in my mind they made sense when thought of together.

What made these two thoughts more interwoven in my mindset was earlier on Tuesday morning I was talking with a gentleman who spent almost his entire life in Kenya before coming to the U.S. just recently. It was an absolutely fascinating 10 minute conversation.

Just wanted to share:

First --

Hebrews 13:2-3

2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. 3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

Second --

"We have moved out to revenge the deaths of our brothers and sisters who have been killed, and nothing will stop us. For every one Kikuyu killed, we shall avenge their killing with three."

- Anthony Mwangi, hefting a club in Naivasha, one hundreds of Kenyans armed with machetes, clubs and rocks threatening member of rival tribes in Kenya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home