Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

RAZZIES v. OSCAR

This is the best time of the year for the "big match" and I'm not talking about the Super Bowl, NCAA Basketball or Britney Spears' next court appearance. It's time for the Oscars vs. the Razzies.

Who really has the best picture? Did Lindsey Lohan really do a better acting job this year than Cate Blanchett? Or maybe, just maybe Nicolas Cage was better on the big screen than Daniel Day-Lewis was? No matter how you look at it, some one is going out on top. Here's a tale of the tape in the top categories --

Worst Movie
Bratz
Daddy Day Camp
I Know Who Killed Me
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Norbit

Hmmm ... this is a tough race to call but I'm going with Lohan's "I Know Who Killed Me" rip off of the 90's classic "I Know What You Did Last Summer"

Best Movie
Atonement
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

I'm hoping that "Juno" walks away with the big prize but I'm guessing it is between "No Country for Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood"
--------------
Worst Actor of the Year
Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider, National Treasure 2 AND Next)
Jim Carrey (The Number 23)
Cuba Gooding, Jr. (Daddy Day Camp, Norbit)
Eddie Murphy (Norbit)
Adam Sandler (Chuck and Larry)

If you get nominated for three different movies you must be bad so Nicolas Cage wins this one for his role in "Next"

Best Actor
George Clooney (Michael Clayton)
Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)
Johnny Depp (Sweeney Todd)
Tommy Lee Jones (In the Valley of Elah)
Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises)

I'm going with Daniel Day-Lewis on this one.
------------------------
Worst Actress of the Year
Jessica Alba (Awake, Fantastic Four AND Good Luck Chuck)
Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos & Skyler Shaye (Bratz)
Elisha Cuthbert (Captivity)
Diane Keaton (Because I Said So)
Lindsay Lohan (I Know Who Killed Me)

Using the same theory as I did for Nicolas Cage, this one goes to Jessica Alba

Best Actress
Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth: The Golden Age)
Julie Christie (Away from Her)
Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose)
Laura Linney (The Savages)
Ellen Page (Juno)

In an upset win, Ellen Page takes home top honors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home