Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

CLOVERFIELD

Spoiler Alert (you've been warned!)

So I went to watch this movie out of shear curiousity. Ever since the original trailer was aired prior to Transformers back in July, I was seriously intrigued. After watching this less than 90 minutes film, I leave mostly satisfied.

The movie can be described like this in a very quick nutsell. It's this odd mix of Blair Witch meets Godzilla meets The Notebook. As I was driving away from the theather, I kept thinking I watched a love story with a really nasty monster mixed in.

This is certainly not a happy go lucky type movie. The main characters die (or at least most of them for sure). Some of which die in a rather grusome manner. I will say this about the main characters dying, I wasn't expecting it. In some weird way it was nice to see not everything be all peaches and flowers by the end of the movie.

There's no horror aspect to the flick but it definately has some good moments that make you jump back in your seat. It's not overly suspenseful but it does more than enough to keep you tense during certain moments.

After reading Corey's review, I feel like I need to see the movie again just to watch the monster "fall" or "splash" into the water at the end of the film.

If you get motion sick easily don't see this movie in the theater. I don't have a motion sickness problem but there were times in the movie I was dizzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home