Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, January 14, 2008

REMEMBERING GILMORE GIRLS

Certainly most men won't admit to liking the Gilmore Girls during its seven-year run on the WB but I say without shame that I will miss that show. Granted the show officially went off the air about a year ago but I finally watched my last episode this past weekend (I wasn't able to watch the final season as it happened but thankfully there are DVDs!).

I vaguely remember watching my first episode during the early winter in 2002. However, I clearly remember how much the show made my smile. For some reason the show had this "home like" feel to it every time I watched. No matter how crappy my day was that day, watching the show just made it a little better.

Whether it was the witty nature of the show, the absolutely utter silliness (some would say stupidity), the creative writing or just the fact that both Lorelai and Rory were attractive I always enjoyed the show. I also think there is something to be said that the show debuted on Oct. 5, 2000 (my 22nd birthday).

In some odd and peculiar way it was a soap opera type show that was made for young adults. Whoever it was made for, I am proud to say it was one of my favorite shows ever.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home