Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, January 12, 2008

KITE RUNNER MOVIE

I was a huge fan of Kite Runner as a book so I was very curious to see how it would translate onto the big screen. It didn't disappoint.

In many ways the story played out in the theater like it did while I was reading it but to have the visuals of the landscape helped me understand the middle east a whole lot better (yeah, I know they filmed the movie in China but none the less it gives you a good sense of imagery).

To no surprise the movie does skip some of the books "back story" but in no way does that affect the overall story on he big screen. The story itself, which is about forgiveness and redemption, is really is quite beautiful. Although it is fiction, this is very easily a believable story.

Be warned though that 80-85 percent of this movie is in subtitles. However, that actually made the movie much more realistic.

If you have any interest in the middle east this is a definite must see movie. If you like great story telling and/or movie about friendship you owe it to yourself to take two-hours and watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home