Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, March 21, 2008

CHICAGO ADVENTURE

I took a mid-week trip to Chicago late Wednesday afternoon to visit my cousin who was in the area for a conference. A simple little trip to the windy city proved to be quite interesting ...

- First, I was driving on I-80 westbound just three miles from the exit where my cousin was staying and BOOM! My passenger side rear tire blows out. Let me tell you that replacing a flat tire along side a major interstate is not fun. In fact it is quite nerve-racking. Luckily, I had a full size spare and not just a doughnut spare. Some how it only took 20 minutes to make the change.

- Me and the cousin make our way onto Michigan Ave. to walk the magnificent mile for a bit. Not two minutes after we arrive I run into Robert Horry of the San Antonio Spurs! We exchange quick pleasantries for 30 seconds and I'm on my way. That was kind of cool to speak with a seven-time NBA champion for a quick moment.

- The police presence along Michigan Ave. was unreal! There were at least 125 cops on the sidewalks of the five or six blocks we walked. I've never felt so safe in my life. I come to find out the increase police numbers were do to a war protest planned for later that evening.

- You know, I never knew there was such a cool display of Lego's in the Nordstrom building. Definitely worth the visit to see the cool creations they have.

- A pleasant evening was capped off with none other than Chicago's own deep dish pizza from Giordano's!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home