Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, April 21, 2008

THE POPE

So this picture of the Pope got me thinking about a whole lot of questions about his visit to the U.S. last week.

I might the anti-christ or something along those lines for bringing up some of these thoughts. Please be gentle with your reaction(s).

* He looks like a mint tic-tac in that enclosed vehicle.

* Why all the extra security? I'm pretty sure Paul, Peter, etc. didn't have 1,000's of armed officers protecting them. In fact there were probably 1,000's of armed officers wanting to kill them. Is his safety that important? You know, what would do more good in advancing the cause of Christ - his safety or his potential martyrdom?

* The pope is potenially no more spiritual than your neighbor or best friend, right? So why all the extra fuss? He can't connect you to God anymore than those in your closest circle of friends.

* With 10's of thousands piling into Nationals Park and Yankee Stadium it makes you wonder how desperate Americans are for a higher purpose and spiritual guidence.

Ok, like I said my views might be totally opposite than most but his celebrity-type treatment just got me a little stirred up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home