Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

JACK JOHNSON

It was just a chill concert.

You know those moments when you are able to tune out all that extra crap that gets in your head? Experiencing a Jack Johnson concert is a lot like getting "lost" for two hours. It is the perfect remedy for dealing with stress and junk while having a good time all the while.

This is my best remembrance of the set list. It's probably a little bit out of order but he definately played a ton of good stuff.

Hope
The Horizon Has Been
Bubble Toes
Taylor
Inaudible Melodies
Flake
Upside Down
Sexy Plexi
If I Had Eyes
Banana Pancakes
Girl I wanna Lay You Down
Breakdown
Staple it Together
Posters
Monsoon
All at Once
Go On
Plastic Jesus
Fall Line
Angel
Better Together

I'm not sure I would be in a big hurry to see another one of his shows like a Springsteen or Norah Jones concert but it was well worth the experience to see him once. It was the most laid back concert I have ever been too. Since it was the first show on this tour, the guy made a few mistakes on stage but he was really very cool about making up for it.

Not an overpriced concert by any stretch either. Granted I paid nearly $20 less than face value from my ticket but I would have paid the face value if needed. Of course the $25 parking fee at the Verizon Wireless Music Center made up for the money saved on ticket costs (paying to park is a pet peeve of mine).

1 Comments:

  • paying to park is also an annoyance of mine. that and cover charges.
    glad you had a fun time.

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home