Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, June 02, 2008

SUNBURST 2008

This year's Sunburst was much different than my first experience last year. A lot of running changes have occurred since that day!

Unlike last year I felt no nervous energy at all. I was just out there to have a good time and enjoy myself. My body was definitely still feeling the effects of the marathon but my post-marathon training called for a six-mile run so the 10K at Sunburst was perfect.

I was really lightly jogging the thing until about halfway through. I was talking with a few people and really enjoyed the kids playing the bongo drums. Just having a good time, you know?!?

I decided to pick it up a little bit with about two miles left. I didn't have any plans on actually running hard and I never really did but some how I managed to post a 44:53 (7:14/pace) over the 6.2 miles. I was fairly shocked and so were my quad muscles. They got a little tight. Plus my hips were telling me how dumb it was to run harder the last two miles. Live and learn.

It was fun to take in the whole day and watch the marathon start and see a few people I knew. Until the next race ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home