Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

PACK RAT OR COLLECTOR?

There's a fine line between being a collector and being a pack rat. I think I am more of the pack rat variety. Let me share why ...

... I was doing some cleaning around the apartment on Sunday evening and came across all kinds of congratulation cards from graduation. Ummm, my graduation for Radford in 2001. Not only did I came across cards, I found notes that I had taken from class while I was an undergrad. Why do I still have these things? Because I am a pack rat

THEN, I found some rather interesting baseball cards that I have been saving for years in hopes that someday they would be worth money. So I checked what kind of value they were getting on Ebay. Ummm, they are not valuable. Well, at least not yet. Why do I still have these cards? Because I am a collector.

I used to keep all of my media credentials for the all events I've covered over the years. There were something like 75 different credentials I have saved that were collecting dust. Why? That would be the pack rat in me.

In the back corners of my closest I found some old school baseball hats that also may have some value. Why do I still have them? Because I am a collector!

So amid all this "stuff" that I have accumulated over the years, somethings need to get trashed or get saved. Hopefully the collector in me will get rid of the right stuff and throw away the crap that is unnecessary. The cleaning continues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home