Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TO NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL FANS

(OK, this comes with some level cautious optimism)

Be very, very nervous about your teams 2-0 start. They were amazingly lucky to escape the home opener against San Diego State then they just took advantage of some awful play by Michigan to post a win over the maize and blue.

Could this team realistically find a way to a 10-win season? You know what they just may because they only play one team that is currently ranked in the top 25 -- USC. Let me tell you, there is no chances that the Irish will beat them. None! However, the schedule is some what favorable to posting a really solid win total.

I had them going 7-5. That could still happen very easily but I think they will finish better than that just because the schedule is that chalked full with "so-so" teams the rest of the way.

If they do reach the 10 win plateau it is because they finally starting running and passing the ball on a consistent basis. Notre Dame's offense is still mediocre at best but they are doing just enough. The defense is playing fairly well and the special teams has enough to get things done.

So be careful about putting the Irish among the top 25 teams in the nation. They are currently a far cry from that but Irish fans stay excited but nervous as well.

3 Comments:

  • "Excited but nervous" is exactly how I feel after the last two weeks.

    Oh, and I despise USC.

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 6:32 PM  

  • Thank you Captain Buzzkill. :) Just kidding...I'm sure this is all true, but I choose to remain blissfully unaware of any of it.

    Oh and I'm not a huge fan of USC, but I did love watching them destroy OSU on Saturday...hahaha...I think I was the only one in Columbus smiling that night. :)

    By Blogger Melissa, at 9:26 PM  

  • Hey, I'm not looking for any miracles this season, just that they can gain confidence going into the next two seasons...I'm still saving my money for that home USC game next year. With all of Saturday's touchdowns coming from sophomores, here's hoping for a championship 2010 season!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home