Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, September 29, 2008

WISHING TREES

I was walking around Oldtown Pasadena on Saturday morning and I turned down an alleyway to see what trouble I may find and came across all these trees ...

What I thought was rather random really intrigued me a lot so I decided to investigate a little more. It turns out that anyone can write their wish and attached to any of the 21 trees in the courtyard area. It is in conjunction with the Armory Center for the Arts.


It was really fasinating and humbling all the same to walk around and see what people were wishing for. If you can wish it, then it was wished for on one of these 21 trees. Some of the wishes were heartbreaking while others were just quite funny. I thought about for a long time and just decided to write this on my wish ...


2 Comments:

  • I love these trees. I used to do this with my students. Do you know the Rob Bell "Love Wins" association, or were you totally unaware of it when you wrote your wish?
    My husband and I have "Love Wins" bumper stickers.

    By Blogger Leslie Gates, at 6:33 PM  

  • I think the wishing tree is an Asian tradition. Come to find out - do you know the artist behind this exhibit? Yoko Ono! Crazy!

    Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    By Blogger Very Sleepy Girl, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home