Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, December 12, 2008

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

It is a good thing that I didn’t pay to see this movie.

When I saw the first trailer for the movie a few months back I was mildly excited to see it. However as the opening date came closer my excited became very tempered. After seeing it, now I know why. This is the kind of movie that you wait till TNT or TBS shows it during a rainy Sunday afternoon two years from now.

There are all these small story lines that never get built up and mixed-in with those story lines is this under-lying political message of how humanity is messing up the planet. However this idea of keeping our planet “healthy” stays true to the original movie from 1951. With all these different stories going on in the movie, the film seems to end real abruptly. Really, the movie is over now so go home because the credits are going to role.

The thing of it is, this could have been a really cool movie. And maybe some of my expectations factored into my distaste for the film but it’s just not that good. A co-worker asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best) what I’d rate this film. A 3.5 at best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home