Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

RETURN TO THE ROSE BOWL

Back to my experience on Saturday morning running around the Rose Bowl …

… So I actually met the guy who was running ultra-fast that day. I was buying new running shoes last night and the conversation went something like this:

Fast Guy (David): Hey, didn’t I see you running around the Rose Bowl Saturday morning?
Me: So were you the person that passed me three times running really fast?
Fast Guy: I was doing a tempo run.
Me: Have fast were you going?
Fast Guy: I was doing 5:17 mile splits. Best tempo run I’ve ever done.
Me: (my jaw drops to the floor) How far did you run?
Fast Guy: 10 Miles
Me: I got to admit, I’m fairly jealous. Can I have these in size that makes me go that fast?

(Laughter)

I couldn’t believe he was hauling THAT fast. More power to him. I was running 10.5 miles that morning at 7:50 pace and felt very pleased wit that. It’s all good! It actually was quite amazing to see a guy run that fast. Kind of glad I got to witness it.

2 Comments:

  • :0) I'm always happy to meet runners! I hope we see eachother again. Hope you're new shoes are working out, and I don't know where you got David, but its all good! :)

    Cheers,
    Kevin
    Run With Us

    By Blogger Chavi, at 10:54 PM  

  • Miss seeing you around.
    Thats all.

    By Blogger Corey Mann, at 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home