Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, June 08, 2009

ANGELS & DEMONS


As a movie “Angels and Demons” was better than the book. Usually the movie isn’t as good as a book but this time I thought the screen version was better. The movie certainly changes some of the main elements from the book but the core story certainly remains the same. The movie flowed really well through out and it was one of the quickest two-plus hours I have ever spent in a theater. I was waiting for certain elements to surface through out the movie but they never did and not once did that take away from the overall movie experience.

It would seem that Ron Howard learned a little bit from his “Da Vinci Code” movie which followed the book exactly. Not following the book seemed to help “Angels and Demons.” I really like Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and he really does a good job Overall I give this movie three-stars.

My critics are hammering this movie but I liked it a lot. Very enjoyable and that's what I paid my $11 for.

The biggest thing going against “Angels and Demons” was that “Da Vinci Code” came first (movie and book). The two are different even though the central character is the same. It is easy to compare the two but they are different. Yet, in comparing the two, the better movie is “Angels and Demons” but “Da Vinci Code” is a much better book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home