Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

COUNTDOWN SAYS ...

Since I have been without cable TV for about six months I have decided to bring back the countdown and list the top reasons why ...

Living without cable TV is a good thing.

1) More Time to Read

I used to struggle to read past the first three paragraphs of the daily newspaper. With no focus on TV, reading has become fun (except for those dry books for class!)

2) "Education" DVD's

I spend more time processing and watching the DVD's that Willowcreek makes (Leadership Summit) and Rob Bell stuff.

3) Working out

During this stretch I have spent more time on the treadmill/shooting hoops/etc. and am almost in the best shape of my life. Does this picture at the top of the blog say anything about sitting in front of the TV?!?

4) More time for Friends

This might be a little off but I think too often an individuals schedule revolves around their favorite TV show then their friendships and building into each other.

5) Less pollution of the Mind

Aside from ESPN, most things on cable are crap anyway.

So there you have it. Living without cable is cheaper and promotes healthier living. Yet I sure do miss Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter. Oh well, there are much worse things in life!

4 Comments:

  • Well said!

    By Blogger Laura, at 9:26 AM  

  • What Amish cable? I used to have that. I aggree with ya Stephen. Our lives would be much better without all those channels. People would actually have time for their family.Our lives are to filled with things we need. Honestly do people need 200 channels and a playstation?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • Just heard about the Colts game, I guess we wont be seeing you with hair this year :(. Maybe next year. Oh and guess what? my little sister got into St. Mary's yesterday. She is pretty excited.
    -Erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

  • k so i agree about the cable thing...i never had cable growing up, had it when i moved out but not sure i'll get it when i move out again...see ya later hinkel, we need to get together sometime and catch up i feel like we havent talked in forever and a day~

    By Blogger Sarah B, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home