Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

COACH HINKEL

I think that I am totally engrossed with my job. I take that back, I KNOW that I am totally engrossed with Saint Mary's athletics and this college.

Last Thursday I was chatting with my boss about what my summer is looking like and what my future with the athletic department looks like. About midway through the conversation, she looks at me and asks, "do you want to help coach the tennis team?"

I kind of laugh it off and then after a brief moment I realize that she is serious. I just wanted to tell her that I was looking at some summer internships and I look forward to coming back in the fall since my job is listed as 10-months and well, here I am being asked to be the assistant tennis coach. What in the world!?!

For those of you who don't know, I have a pretty extensive tennis background. Prior to my senior year of high school I won the 18-and-under Pennsylvania title. So it's not like I don't know anything about tennis. In fact I know a fair amount. (of course that will be put to the test now!)

So after a few days of trying to figure out what to do with the offer I can't come to a decision. It was like everytime I made up my mind I thought of a new scenario. It was pretty frustrating because I am a decision maker and couldn't come to a choice that "felt" right. I had this one phrase going though my head, "do not add hurry and busy to your life" and after trying to decide if this position would add hurry and busy, I don't think it will.

Whatever God wants He will get in this situation. If I made a decision that doesn't jive with what God wants I will be open to any leading He has. For now, I will just let Him do the directing and see where it takes me. I am looking forward to this adventure. It will be a challenge but life is boring without challenges.

Serve it up!

1 Comments:

  • Congrats, Stephen on coaching now and on making your decision! :) Now you have a small glimpse of what it's like inside my head whenever I try to make a decision...not so fun, huh? :) Congrats again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home