Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, August 28, 2006

ONE LAST TIME

Andre Agassi is playing in his 21st and final U.S. Open, which begins today in Flushing Meadows, N.Y., and tennis may never be the same again.

It has been such a fun time watching his rollar coaster career. From his eight Grand Slam titles to his low ranking of 140-something in the world during the mid-90's. His dedication to the game and his desire to promote the game of tennis was, and is, second to none. By The Numbers

His final stand on the world's greatest tennis stage had to come sometime but it still is bittersweet. I will still never forget where I was when he won his first grand slam title (Wimbledon, 1992) and the excitement that came with. Pure Joy! I also remember the exact spot in Baltimore I was at when I heard he won the French Open in 1999 to complete the career Grand Slam!

Is his the greatest tennis player of all-time? Certainly not but he might be the greatest ambassadors to the game of tennis!

THANKS ANDRE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home