Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, September 08, 2006

COLLEGE FOOTBALL EXTRAVAGANZA

This is pretty much a dream Saturday for me. Maybe I have "issues" if this is considered a dream Saturday but it's my dream! Think about it, I am a die-hard Texas Longhorns fan and I live 3 miles from the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus.

In what was certainly one of the top games in college football last season when Texas went into Ohio State and beat the Buckeyes on the way to the national title; here we go again. Granted a lot of last seasons game was because Vince Young help carry the Longhorns to victory but even though he has left for the NFL my optimism is unwavering for Texas.

I have high hopes for the #2 Longhorns as they battle #1 Ohio State on Saturday evening in Austin, Texas. Call me crazy and flat out insane or even a little bias but I think that Texas will knock off the top ranked Buckeyes. Not saying that Texas will have a repeat showing in the National Title game but whoever wins this game has a serious inside track to that game.

TEXAS - 24, Ohio State 20

As for the first game for Penn State at Notre Dame Stadium since the "snow bowl" during the 1992 season, you can feel the excitement around the South Bend area. Not quite to the same par as the USC-ND game last year but fairly close.

This is an intriguing match-up. I still think the Irish are over-rated at #4 in the national polls but they are, at least on a paper, a better team than Penn State. The one thing that makes Notre Dame really dangerous in this game is they won't have a repeat performance of their game against Georgia Tech last weekend were the eaked out just 14 points.

Although Penn State's defense isn't bad by any stretch but I don't think they are good enough to hold down Quinn & Co. down for 60 minutes. The Nittany Lions offense is so-so and they would need some trickery to score more than 20 points.

NOTRE DAME -- 31, PSU -- 17

(Looking forward to seeing Joe Pa run out onto the field!)

1 Comments:

  • ooo yes... it is going to be a GREAT saturday....

    all I can say is YUMMY football. :D

    (ok, so I am a little delerious because it is friday and I am almost done with this work week! woot!)

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home