Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SPEECHLESS

Since I have been back from SoCal I have spent a lot of time engrossing myself with anything involving U2. I mean anything – books, magazines, interviews, concerts, etc., etc.

I have been going through this book that is basically a conversation between Bono and his friend Michka Assayas. I haven’t been “reading it” really but rather just hopping around some of the different conversation topics. Near the end of the book, this back and forth chat is had:

Michka Assayas: What leaves you speechless?

BONO: [sighs … silence for 20 seconds] Does singing count?

Michka Assayas: I’m afraid not. Songs have words.

BONO: But not when I start. Usually it is just a melody and nonsense words. Hmmm … Songs are about as succinct as I get. I’m sparing you. [laughs, then ponders a moment] “Forgiveness” is my answer.

Michka Assayas: You mean being forgiven?

BONO: Yeah.

It kind of got me to thinking (ok, not “kind of” thinking but rather just really thinking). What leaves me speechless? I immediately started thinking about standing at the top of a mountain along the front range of the Rocky Mountains. It really is quite a mesmerizing site to see. Snow capped and beautiful. However, I feel like that I can use words to describe it.

What leaves me speechless?!? …. hmmm … things like Grace and Mercy come to mind. How ‘bout Jesus on the cross? What about Child Abuse or Poverty?

This is a great question. I’m speechless for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home