Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

SOUL CRAVINGS

I recently completed Erwin McManus' new book "Soul Cravings" after just four sittings. It's a fairly quick read but, once again, he presents all these really interesting and thought provoking insights. I wouldn't call it a "simple read" but the guy just makes a lot of sense.

Like most of stuff that I read by him I find myself torn between "should I highlight that passage or not" because you could very easily have your entire book covered in highlighter. To sum it up very briefly the entire focus of the book revolves around the idea that every person on the planet (Christ Follower or not) is on a search for three things: Intimacy, Destiny and Meaning.

He really goes out the whole topic of religion through out the entire book. His views might make your uncomfortable but, once again, the guy just makes a lot of sense.

The books helps you understand and relate to people better. It might even help you understand yourself better. All of have these three quests but everyone's quest is vastly different from one another.

Definitely a must read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home