Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

NOT TO LATE

When I first listened to the entire album my first thoughts were that it was pretty good but nothing spectacular.

However, since purchasing the album (see Best Buy Experience) I have probably now listened through the complete album about nine times and my opinion is changing. I am really starting to like this album a lot.

Some how and in some way she combines this odd blend of jazz, folk, soul, country into a perfect combination. The lyrics, at times, are brilliant and beautifully written. She wrote every song on this album, which is quite an accomplishment for a 27-year old. Her voice, at least to me, is perfect. There isn't a better female singer that I have ever heard.

She embodies what "real music" is all about: great voice, excellent lyrics, amazing band and beautifully cared for. You can tell that her music isn't just thrown together like some cheap one-hit wonder song that basically insults the listener (can someone say N'Sync? Backstreet Boys?)

The worst thing, and the best thing in some regards, that ever happened to Norah Jones was her first album won eight grammys. She will have to live up to that for a long. Unfortunate as that might be, she has put together another fine album that will continue to play in my iPod and CD Player for a quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home