Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

65 YEARS

I was in Pennsylvania this past weekend for the 65th Wedding Anniversary of my grandparents on my mothers side of the family.

In many way I am still trying to wrap my brain around the idea of actually doing anything for 65 straight years. Just being alive for 28 years is a lot to me but to think that two people have been married for more than twice that long is absolutely amazing.

Just for the fun of it, I figured out that since my grandparents were married in 1942:

- There have been 12 different Presidents
- The U.S. Population has grown from 123 million to 300 million
- There have been 15 Summer Olympic games
- Two states (Alaska and Hawaii) were admitted to the U.S.
AND
- The Yankees have won 17 World Series titles

Absolutely Stunning ...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home