Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

SUNBURST

It's official! I am signed up to run the 5K at the 2007 Sunburst Races. This is something I've wanted to do for about a year.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'm not worrying about finishing the race or anything like that. But it is going to be weird running with hundreds of other people. I have only run with one another person each time I've run. So an increase from 2 to 1200 is, well, quite a lot. However, it will be fun to run my first official race.

At this point my goal is run the 3.1 mile race in less than 25 minutes (about an 8 minute mile pace). If I ran at that rate, I would finish in the top 250 based on last year's results. I would be flippin' thrilled if I finised in the upper quarter of the field.

Getting up to run a race at 7:15 a.m. on a Saturday isn't exactly ideal but it will just add to the experience. Plus the race at the 50-yard line at ND Stadium so that will be fun as well.

Less than 18 days till race day!

1 Comments:

  • That's so exciting!!! This means that you'll be able to be down on the field when I collapse after the half marathon! See you at the finish line! (Okay, I'm sure I'll see you before, but I felt like I had to say that!)

    By Blogger Laura, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home