Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

QUOTABLE ERWIN

I haven't posted a good Erwin McManus quote for a while so I came across this one and wanted to pass it along. The answer to the second question is brilliant...

Q: You’ve been on several overseas mission trips, how have they impacted you?

Erwin: I took my 11-year old daughter on multiple global journeys; we went to Korea, Indonesia, and France. I see it changing us because when you’re back home, you have a pattern of life. You think you’re living a life of faith, a life of adventure, a life of uncertainty, but you’re going to the same Starbucks, the same restaurants, the same places, the same office…when you get into another country, you don’t know anything, there is no map, you just have a compass…you have to depend on God in a new and entirely different way. God can take a fresh and greater opportunity to speak into your life and to move in new and unusual ways.

Q: What advice would you give people who are asking, ‘what is God’s will for my life?’

Erwin: Isn’t that such a great question? It’s as if the whole cosmos, the whole universe revolves around me! We need to stop asking, ‘what is God’s will for my life?’ and we need to start asking, ‘God, what is your will for human history and how do I get my life aligned with your will?’ If we would just stop and open the scriptures and open up our hearts, we would find enough of God’s will to fill our entire day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home