Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

PSALM 12:5

I came across this great verse today - Psalm 12:5 ... Thanks to BibleGateway I copied and pasted a few versions:

- Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them." (NIV)

- The Lord replies, “I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.” (NLT)

- Into the hovels of the poor, Into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks: "I've had enough; I'm on my way To heal the ache in the heart of the wretched." (The Message)

- Now will I arise, says the Lord, because the poor are oppressed, because of the groans of the needy; I will set him in safety and in the salvation for which he pants. (Amplified)

Personally I love the way Eugene Peterson translate this verse in The Message. A while back I jokingly mentioned about trying to find each of the 2,100+ verses in the Bible and see how they can apply in the 21st century. One down and 2,099+ to go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home