Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

THE FRAY

For the second time in less than a year I went and saw the Fray. The first show was outstanding and the second show didn't disappoint and was probably even better (especially when you consider the entire atmosphere). This band, without a doubt, is one of my favorite new acts to come out in the last three or so year.

This is my best shot at remembering the setlist. It should be fair accurate. The order maybe a little off but I know they played all these songs.

All At Once
She Is
Dead Wrong
Heaven Forbid
Dixie (New Song)
Fall Away
Hundred
Absolute (New Song)
Vienna
Hundred
How to Save a Life
Happiness (New Song)
Hips Don’t Lie (Shakria Cover)
Trust Me
Little House
= = =
Over My Head (Cable Car)
Look After You w/ Wonderwall

The setting for the show was outside in downtown Indianapolis at White River State Park with a sold out show of over 6,000-plus people. Great venue until the sun went down and all the natsy blood sucking bugs came out and put an all out attack on the crowd and the band. Seriously, I have never seen anything like. There were so many bugs it looked like it was snowing when you looked at the lights around the stage and in the crowd. However, by the end of the show it made for quite a memory.

These guys just have fun on stage and it is very evident. It was a great show and an amazing time but there were two main highlights of the show.

"Hips Don't Lie" -- For a band like The Fray to cover Shakria's song was something I may never ever forget. Not only did they did a decent cover they did it in a enjoyable way. You could definitely tell they enjoyed themselves while playing it. (Video)

"Look After You w/ Wonderwall" -- An absolutely great way to end the evening. It's probably my favorite song on the CD and to finish the show with it and then sing the chorus of Oasis' Wonderwall was fantastic.

1 Comments:

  • Yes.. I won't lie... I was jealous.

    Glad to hear that you had such a great time. We should hang out soon.

    By Blogger Jen, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home