Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, August 11, 2007

INDIA - SUNDAY SERVICE

On the final day in Tiruvallur (the village I was in) I was able to experience a worship service and, not to mention, give part of the sermon! It was one of the most exciting experiences of my trip.

There was lots of singing. I mean a lot of singing! It was really very, very cool to be apart of that. Think about it, how often can you experience a foreign worship service in person? I felt very fortunate.

They wanted me and my partner, Don, to speak for a total of one hour. Kind of a scary thought we only two days to think and prepare about what we are going to say. However, we were able to manage (very easily I might add) a 60 minute sermon. I gave my "talking points" from three separate passages (there was no "real structure" to my talk):

* Psalm 71:23 (because people India know how to sing!)
* Matthew 11:12 (my "life verse" and they wanted me to share)
* Romans 6:22-23 (we are set free from sin so live holy lives)

After the talk we were able to serve communion to the people. Also a very awesome moment. The entire morning of praise and worship was very moving and "educational" all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home