Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

BOOKS THAT CHANGED

Relevant Magazine ask two authors to come up with five books each that "Changed Everything" (Full Article)

-Jean Vanier - Community and Growth
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer - Life Together
-Henri Nouwen - In the Name of Jesus / The Way of the Heart
-Karl Barth - Evangelical Theology: An Introduction
-Dostoyevsky - The Idiot

-St. Augustine - The Confessions
-Brother Lawrence - Practicing the Presence of God
-Thomas A’ Kempis - Imitation of Christ
-Jonathan Edwards - The Religious Affections
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer – The Cost of Discipleship

I can't say that I have read any of those books all the way through. I've read some of Bonhoeffer's stuff and it is excellent as well is Barth's and Nouwen's work.

Here's a list of five books that changed my thinking. I think I have read each of these over the last five years --

-Rob Bell - Velvet Elvis
-Erwin McManus - Barbarian Way & Unstoppable Force
-Malcom Gladwell - Tipping Point
-Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubnar - Freakonomics
-Mike Yankoski - Under the Overpass

OK, so I know that is six books but I could decide which McManus book resonated with me more.

1 Comments:

  • I"d agree. Barbarian way rocks!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home