Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, February 11, 2008

GRAMMY AWARDS

Probably one of the more dull Grammy Award shows I have seen in years but there were some highlights:

* Kayne West performance was very nice
* Vince Gill acceptance of the night's top country award from Ringo Star was very funny
* Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli singing "The Prayer" was quite moving
* It's amazing what some plastic surgery will do (see Tina Turner and Cher)
* Alicia Keys is flippin amazing
* Foo Fighters over Bruce Springsteen for best rock album was a tough pill to swallow but I'm pretty sure I won't lose any sleep over it.

Finally - what is up with Amy Winehouse winning all these awards? She may have all the talent in the world but come on people!! Let's not reward someone with all these accolades when they can't keep their own life in order. She couldn't even get a visa to leave England so she could perform in-person.

Don't get me wrong, I wish her all the best as she tries to figure out what is going on in her life. I really hope she can get things straight. But doesn't character count for anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home