Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

FAT TUESDAY

Fat Tuesday has always held a "special" place in my heart. There's nothing like eating stored up lard before Ash Wednesday and lent begins.

While growing up in Lancaster County we always partipated in Fasnacht Day. In South Bend, IN they have paczki (pronounced "Poonch-key"). In my 5+ years of living in this area, I have never partaken in a paczki eating. I'm have no idea what I was thinking. This is an award winning breakfast. Nothing beats a little fried dough between Strawberries and Cream with some coffee (which must be drank from a Texas Longhorns cup) ...

1 Comments:

  • in my 18 years or so in SB, i have never tried one.

    am i really missing out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home