Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

QUOTABLE HERB BROOKS

"All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The Soviets win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team."

- Kirk Russell playing Herb Brooks in Miracle

I absolutely love this quote! There is so much good stuff to pull out it in everyday living. Some questions that come to mind:

- Am I more interested in my talent for my own sake or for the advancement of the communities sake?
- Do I help bring out the betterment of others using my strengths and talents?
- How often do I step aside when another person clearly is more talented for the task?
- Are there systems set-up in my everyday living that I use that draw out other people's strengths?
- Was the 1980 US Hockey squad the best team ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home