Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WORD OF ADVICE

If the windchill is below zero I don't recommend running outside.

After being sick for the better part of last week I was really itching to get outside for a run. I went on the treadmill Monday morning for four fairly pooring miles (I used to love treadmills now I dread them).

The 45 minute run actually wasn't that bad in terms of the cold in the air. The 20 mph wind was brutal but not something a little stubborn-ness couldn't overcome. I wore a pair of sweatpants with shorts underneath and my legs felt warm. I put on two long sleeves and one short-sleeve t-shirt for my top and I wore a knit running cap and two pairs of gloves.

My body was warm except for the tip of the ring finger on my left hand was completely numb. The real downside to running in the weather has come as the day has gone on. It's like the run just drained the energy out of me. Just drained!

Maybe zero degrees and below is the reason treadmills exsists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home