Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

TWO YEARS AGO

There are just some dates on the calendar that bring back memories. Whether they be good or bad there are certain dates that we will always remember for the rest of your life.

March 30 is one of those dates for me. I remember very clearly just about all the events of that day in 2006 from 4:30 p.m. till I went to bed that evening.

I remember leaving tennis practice to go pick Jen for that Coldplay concert at the United Center in Chicago then heading to Portillo’s for a dinner prior to the show.

When we got to the United Center I remember walking up to our seats and then my cell phone rings. The phone call with a California area code that I wanted to answer very badly but couldn’t at that particular moment.

My first instinct was to wait to after the concert to listen to the voicemail but after 30 seconds I stepped outside to listen. I was accepted into the Mosaic internship program and it was the best voicemail I have ever received.

I returned the phone call and in a back hallway of the United Center I was officially offered the internship. The internship I wanted very badly and the rest is history. Needless to say the concert was epic. Ah yes, the memories.

1 Comments:

  • GREAT memory Stephen!! I think I will always remember that night too-- I was so excited for you and that in itself seemed to make the whole concert better. Wow.. I can't believe it's been two years already...

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home