Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ONE MONTH LATER ...

... It's been exactly one month since the Bayshore Marathon and I think I'm at (or very close to) 100% again. I read that it takes about 30 days to fully recover from running 26.2 miles and I won't argue with that. I recommend ice after running any distance covering 3 miles or more.

I have been taking things real easy since May 24 and have topped out on my longest run at 8.5 miles. Hopefully soon I will be able to get back into double-digit long runs (10+ miles) but I would rather listen to what my legs are telling (or screaming to) me before pushing it too far.

My next race is this Saturday at the Warsaw Optimist Triathlon. Not sure how it will go but as long as I make it out of the swim portion alive, I'll be happy!

Run On ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home