Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, June 20, 2008

USA OLYMPIC SOFTBALL TEAM

So I really had this neat little experience on Thursday morning. The USA Olympic Softball Team did a Sports Illustrated photo shoot on the Saint Mary's campus.

It is truly amazing to watch how much effort goes into a single photo shoot. The whole event took about 90 minutes and they took upwards of 200 pictures. For all that time, energy and effort Sports Illustrated will probably use 2-4 photos for their Olympic preview issue. Keep in mind that setting up and tearing down the shoot took at least eight hours. I'm very curious to see what the photos final look like when the issue is published.

The cool thing about the whole thing was just to be able to interact with the players. Some of them have already one at least one gold medal in a previous Olympics. If they win gold in Beijing, it will be the fourth straight gold medal for this team. It can even be argued they are the best international team - ever!

Our softball coach, trainer and one of the players at Saint Mary's got to get a few photos with the team so that was really quite cool to be apart of that.

(I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post this picture. So if I should take it down just let me know.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home