Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TOP 10 SPORTS FILMS

Last week there was a special on TV listing the top 10 sports movies ever made according to AFI - here. Some good picks indeed but there were certainly some head scratching choices as well. Here's my top 10 sports movies:

10) Major League
9) Chariots of Fire
8) The Rookie
7) Jerry Maguire
6) Remember the Titans
5) Miracle
4) Hoosiers
3) Rocky
1b) Bull Durham
1a) Field of Dreams

You know as I look at this list, I just realized that five (Chariots of Fire, Rookie, Titans, Miracle, Hoosiers) of them are based on actual events and one (Bull Durham) might as well be based on actual events. Maybe I'm just a sucker for real underdog stories.

I have not seen Raging Bull so that may have made my list. The honorable mention goes to Pride of the Yankees, The Natural and Caddyshack who are just not quite there in my view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home