Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, July 07, 2008

LITTLE LEAGUE

For whatever reason I found these photos while cleaning out my apartment. Why share them with the rest of the blogging world? Why not!?!

These were some good times! I was the starting first baseman for the Maytown Youth Organization Pirates. I have a hard time remembering how good we really were. But there are definately a few memories of playing peewee baseball in small town America:

* Post game ice cream after a big win
* One time we play all the way to the championship game of this major local little league tournament. We lost 2-1 and I made the last out!
* I almost always batted in the clean-up spot
* Swimming parties with the team
* I made the All Star team at least once (maybe twice)
* Getting my picture in the local newspaper
* Playing under the lights at Kunkle Field!
* Winning just two games one season but one of those wins was against the best team in the league

You know, life was much simpler then. No bills to pay. No gas prices to think about. No women problems. Not a care in the world. Good times in deed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home