Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

ONE MONTH TO GO ...

With one month left until the start of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China I wanted to share the most memorable moment of all the Olympics I have watched --



What Michael Johnson did during the 1996 games in Atlanta is still mind boggling. At one point in his world record breaking 200 meter run of 19.32 he was moving at 25 mph! Seriously a human being creating enough energy to go that fast is stunning.

He broke his previous world record of 19.66 which he set two months prior to the Olympics. Before that the record of 19.72 stood for 17 years! The closest anyone has come to his current record is when Tyson Gay ran a 19.62 in 2007. Over a decade later no one has come close to touching his amazing time!

I still remember the exact position on the couch I was sitting in and what my reaction was. Quite the memorable moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home