Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

OVERHEARD AT THE COUNTER ...

Caltech is a great place to work. The work environment is solid and the people here have absolutely brilliant academic minds (of course, that goes without saying). Today the world between common sense and academic minds came into play.

POSTDOCTORAL STUDENT: I'd like to purchase two tickets for ---- event.

ME: No problem. Can I get some information from you as well? I just need your on-campus mail code and phone number.

POSTDOCTORAL STUDENT: I don't know my mail code or phone number. In fact, I don't own a cell phone. All I do is work.

ME: You don't know your phone number?

POSTDOCTORAL STUDENT: (Walks out of office with tickets)

Not having a cell phone isn't a bad thing. No big deal. However, how on earth do you not know your mailing address as a postdoctoral student? What a scary and fun conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home