Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, January 12, 2009

LAKERS 121, PACERS 119

For whatever reason on Friday morning I decided it would be a good idea to see if I can find tickets to the Lakers/Pacers game that evening at Staple Center. Finding tickets can be a job in and of itself but fortunately I didn’t have to pay too much over face value and I was on my way. I “cutely” labeled the game the battle of the old residence of Stephen Hinkel vs. the new residence (silly/stupid, I know!).

Just getting through the gates was something resembling airport security. The ushers (or guards shall we say) did everything but pat you down to make sure you were going to be a “good fan” during the game.

Going to a Laker game was more about being seen then actually seeing the game. A vast majority of the fans were all about “their look” more than they were about cheering for the home team. People watching at a Laker game is quite fun. During every timeout the big screen in the middle of court had at least one celebrity sighting. Of course, Jack Nicholson was there as well!

The game itself was fairly entertaining from my top level seat in section 306. The Lakers should have won the game by 15 (or so) points but needed a last second basket by Kobe Bryant for the win. The last second shot made the investment in the game more worth while.

Ticket to Game - $50 (Face Value - $35)
Pretzel - $3.50
Parking – Free (I got lucky)

So to spend “just” $53.50 for my first (and potentially only) Laker game experience didn’t seem to bad. I was entertained from start to finish and, well, I can’t ask for much more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home